Dougherty Valley High School is situated in between the Gale Ranch and Windemere Ranch communities. First opening Its doors in 2007 to 507 total students DVHS has expanded exponentially to almost 3,500 students. Nationally ranked at 28 by US News and World Report for STEM High Schools. DVHS students are especially known for excelling in STEM field
DVHS Robotics was founded in 2007. The Club first competed in FRC before moving over to VRC (VEX Robotics Competition). In the years since 2007 the club has gotten progressively better qualifying five out of 6 teams to Vex Worlds in the 2015- 2016 NBN Season. Due to size and readiness levels the club is split into 2 section Novice and Competitive. Novice is a program created by senior members of the club to effectively teach freshman the ins and outs of the Vex Robotics platform.
What was 5776E ?
Team 5776E had its inaugural season during the 2012-2013 Sack Attack Season, afterward dissolving into the very successful 5776Y and 5776 teams the following year. During the season 5776E, then a novice team, did not win a single tournament; However, they did qualify to VEX Worlds 2011 via Programming Skills.
"Elevator lifts will De-Elevate"
- Hareesh Gali, former member of Team 5776E
Where are we competing this year?
- 10.29.16 - Dougherty Valley High School VEX Robotics Tournament
- 11.19.16 - Bellarmine Bay Area VEX Robotics Tournament
- 12.10.16 - Vanden Robotics Starstruck VEX Tournament
- 1.14.17 - Gael Force Battle of the Bay
- 1.22.17 - Google Vex Starstruck Tournament #1
- 1.28.17 - Tracy Triangle VEX Robotics Tournament
- 2.17.17 - 2017 California State VRC High School Championship SAN JOSE
What defines 5776E ?
Our motto is the basics of our goals for this season. Enterprise is defined as "a project or activity that involves many people and that is often difficult" and "the ability or desire to do dangerous or difficult things or to solve problems in new ways" by the Merriam Webster dictionary. As we move through this season we endeavor to embody both definitions. As a team we aim to achieve more projects than just our robot, while of course using new and adaptive mechanisms for the VRC Starstruck competitions. Engineer, While competing this season we aim to learn as well as teach the basic principles of engineering through the use of our engineering notebook as well as other mediums. Excel, no matter win or lose we as a team aim to excel at more than just the competition. We aim to excel as team members, club members, students, and community members.
- Active involvement of every member on the team
- Mutually beneficial and learning atmosphere of respect, positivity, and productivity
- Ensure all members of the team are given the opportunity to work on the Robot
- Via Programming, Design, Build, or Notebook
- Team is able to work efficiently together towards a common goal in a healthy progressive environment
- Do projects outside of Robot to reinforce Team Values
- HAVE FUN !!!!